At Home Indiana:
It's easy to send your stories and photos to At Home Indiana. We're looking for:
- Heartwarming, entertaining and personal stories about everyday life and real people in "The Hoosier State."
- Stories about the people of Indiana. It's not a magazine about the typical tourist highlights. It is all about Hoosiers who bring real character to your community, and ones like it across the state.
- Stories written from the first person viewpoint ... in your own words. Our stories are current and written in the present tense, but we'll also print your special Indiana memories.
Likewise, there are things we're not looking for:
- News stories
- Promotional materials
- Press releases
Do I need to be a professional writer or photographer?
No! Remember, we want real-life Indiana storytelling about folks like you, by folks like you. You don't need to be a professional writer or photographer to contribute to this magazine. We are more interested in real-life stories told by real people with emotion and passion. It's what makes At Home Indiana truly unique! And photos -- as long as they are high resolution (at least 300 dots per inch or 1 megabyte in size), we should be able to use them in print. Most of today's mobile phones produce photos meeting these standards.
Where do I send my submission?
SUBMIT MY STORY NOW
Click on this link to easily upload or submit your story, photo or recipe.
Submissions can also be e-mailed or sent through postal mail.
Email submissions to: Editor@AtHomeIndianaMagazine.com
Send postal contributions to: At Home Indiana, 306 E Parr Road, Berne IN 46711.
If you know what department in the magazine you are submitting to, please include that in the subject line or on the envelope.
What must I include with my submission?
SUBMIT MY STORY NOW
- Be sure to provide your name, address and daytime phone number clearly on each submission. This helps if we have questions or need to contact you for more information.
- Contributions can be just a few paragraphs in length. If we print it in the magazine, we'll send a thank-you gift.
- Feature stories should be limited to 700 words or less. Shorter items are also welcome. Often, we will edit shorter to include more of your stories in each issue.
- High-quality photos of the people or places mentioned in your story should be sent with your submission. In fact, sending photos increases your chances of being published.
How do I send photos to At Home Indiana?
SUBMIT MY PHOTO NOW
- We only can publish high-quality prints or high-resolution digital images.
- Digital photos can be emailed, but since we are a print publication, high-resolution images (1 megabyte or larger, or 300 dots per inch) are required.
- Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Prints can be mailed. Please write your name in pencil lightly on the backs, or use a self-addressed mailing label on each photo.
- Please don't send priceless family photos. It is safer to duplicate these photos and keep the originals in a safe place.
- Photos that are damaged or out of focus cannot be used.
- Please identify all people or places in your photos and note the year taken.
Will my contribution be returned?
Contributions with a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) will be returned.
Thank you for helping create At Home Indiana, the only magazine written by Hoosiers like you who love the state of Indiana!