Become One of Our 92 Hoosier Editors! Read on ... and Apply
At Home Indiana is a magazine is on a mission to find real stories about real people from every corner of Indiana.
Volunteer Hoosier Editors have a special role with this new magazine. Each Hoosier Editor selected is responsible to keep the magazine staff "in the know" about interesting people, stories and happenings in their county prior to each bimonthly issue. Here are a few things you'll want to know:
- Hoosier Editors ensure At Home Indiana publishes the best stories from every corner and county in the state. Anyone who enjoys writing and taking photographs is a Hoosier Editor candidate.
- You don't need to be a professional writer or photographer to be selected as a Hoosier Editor. We're not looking for highly polished writers or photographers with all the latest equipment. Instead, we want people who are enthusiastic about sharing stories from communities, towns and villages in their county. If you are passionate about telling stories about the people who live around your home, this position is for you!
- Most of the stories in At Home Indiana are 300 to 700 words long, written from the heart about personal experiences.
- The names of Hoosier Editors will be printed in each issue of the magazine and on our website, encouraging residents in and around their county to share ideas about interesting people, places, history and events.
- Each Hoosier Editor is a volunteer position. As a magazine insider, they will receive a free 1-year subscription to At Home Indiana, including the Premiere Issue, and regularly communicate with the magazine staff.
- There are no specific submission deadlines. Right now, we are putting together the first few issues of this magazine, so we need all of your best stories and photos.
- Our Premiere Issue is scheduled to debut in late December. We are hoping to have at least one Hoosier Editor from every county represented.
- The magazine will be published in print, on the highest quality paper and printing presses. Your stories and photos will look amazing!
- We will communicate with our field editors via email, through periodic newsletters, and personally if necessary to complete stories.
If you're still reading and are saying, "I want to be a Hoosier Editor," simply fill out the information and click SUBMIT. We will notify you if you are selected.